What It Takes
As a Collins Apprentice, you’ll complete 4 years of on-the-job training with traditional classroom study, learning the skills of your chosen trade while being an integral part of a small-company team. With our two great coastal locations and Collins’ extensive on-site capabilities, you’ll have every opportunity to learn, grow and succeed. Apply today!
What You Will Need
- Education requirement:
- HS diploma or equal
- A good candidate will have:
- High school level understanding of algebra and geometry.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- A strong, proven interest in engineering and mechanical systems.
- Able to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Motivated self‐starter
- Must be able to meet the physical and background check requirements for Collins Machine Works.
Wait, there’s more.
- Classes at Tidewater Community College
- All required book expenses covered
- On-site training provided by experienced journeymen and apprenticeship alumni
- Guaranteed scheduled work with opportunity for overtime
- 401K Plans with Employer Contribution
- Paid vacation
- Medical & Dental Plans
- Life Insurance
- Opportunity to grow within the company
CMW apprenticeships are offered only to existing employees after a probationary period, if you are interested please visit our careers pageView Careers