Our semi-automated welding track system allows us to make long, linear weld repairs quickly and efficiently, while on-site machining operations provide turnkey milling and grinding service. These semi-auto track systems provide superior control of the weld process in order to pass the most stringent non-destructive testing methodologies.
Computer-controlled heating units, thermocouple sensors, chart recorders and other portable systems allow us to relieve post-production stress in welded fabrications or assemblies while maintaining dimensional stability and minimizing distortion. We’re capable of handling everything from small pieces weighing just a few hundred pounds to 100,000-pound marine shafting that extends 60 feet.
Submerged Arc Welding
Using our submerged arc welding process, we can accurately perform weld repairs ranging from minor (approximately .125-inch buildup) to major (consisting of multiple-layer buildup), while controlling heat input and automation to ensure minimal distortion to the work piece. Generating custom weld orientations and paths allows us to tailor the process to our customers’ needs.
On-site bore welding machines employ an automatic spiral welding technique for interior weld repairs to bores in a variety of different sizes. Specialty weld machines can be developed to meet any customer need.
Our Welding Processes
Shielded Metal Arc Welding, Stick (SMAW)
- Our submerged arc welding process allows us to perform precision minor or major weld repairs with minimal distortion to the work piece, generating custom weld orientations and paths as needed
Gas Tungsten Arc Welding, TIG (GTAW)
- Skilled and highly trained Collins personnel can perform TIG welding on a variety of materials, from carbon steel to Inconel 625.
Gas Metal Arc Welding, MIG (GMAW)
- Our technicians possess numerous MIG welding certifications, from hand processes to custom fixturing
Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW)
- Our flux core procedure allows us to join HY-80 quenched and tempered alloy steel and lower strength steels, enhancing our fabrication capabilities
Submerged Arc Welding (SAW)
- Comprehensive submerged arc capabilities enable us to weld military specification steel, ABS grade material, and complex chemistries like Inconel 625
Electroslag Welding (ESS)
- We develop custom open-loop and closed-loop CNC weld machines that control both rotation and travel speed to meet critical design specifications
Our Welding Qualifications
- NAVSEA (S9074-AQ-GIB-010/248)
- ASME section IX